Artichoke Leaf is one of the major ingredients of UGCare, the award winning product from the stables of UGreat International. According to healthline.com, though often considered a vegetable, Artchokes (a.k.a. Cynara cardunculus var.scolymus) are a type of thistle and are plants from the family of daisies, sunflowers and marigolds.
This medicinal plant contains high concentrations of compounds and is said to have originated from the Mediterranean and Asian Pacific regions.
What are the health benefits of Artichoke Leaf?
1. Artichokes are loaded with nutrients: These leaves are low in fat, high in fibre and loaded with vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, phosperous, potassium, iron and magnesium. Artichokes are also one of the richest sources of antioxidants.
2. Lowers bad cholesterol & increases good cholesterol: Artichokes contain luteolin, an antioxidant which prevents cholesterol formulation. It also encourages your body to process cholesterol more efficiently leading to lower overall levels.
3. Helps regulate blood pressure: Since artichokes are a good source of potassium, it greatly aids in the regulation of blood pressure especially in people with already elevated levels. A study was carried out on 98 men with high blood pressure some years ago and it was discovered that after consuming artichoke leaf extract daily for 12 weeks, it reduced diastolic and systolic blood pressure by an average of 2.76 and 2.85 mmHg respectively.
4. Greatly improves liver health: Regular consumption of artichoke extract may help protect your liver from damage, encourages the growth of tissue and relieves symptoms of non-alcoholic fatty liver diseases. It also increases the production of bile which helps remove harmful toxins from your liver.
5. Improves digestive health: Artichokes are a great source of fiber, which keeps your digestive system healthy by promoting friendly gut bacteria thereby reducing your risk of certain bowel cancers and alleviating constipation and diarrhea. Artichokes also provide relief from symptoms of indigestion such as bloating, nausea and heartburn.
6. Eases diverse symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome: IBS is a condition that affects your digestive system thereby causing stomach pain, cramping, diarrhea, bloating and most times, constipation. The usage of artichoke leaf extract may treat irritable bowel symptoms (IBS) by reducing muscle spasms, balancing gut bacteria and inflammation reduction.
7. Contains anti-cancer effects: Since its rich in certain antioxidants including rutin, quercetin, silymarin and gallic acid, these ingredients have been discovered to resist the growth of cancer cells in the human body.
8. Lowers blood sugar: Artichokes lower blood sugar levels. A small study indicated that consuming boiled artichoke leaf at a meal reduced blood sugar and insulin levels 30 minutes after eating while another study in 39 overweight adults found that consuming kidney beans and artichoke extract daily for two months lowered fasting blood sugar levels compared to not supplementing. Scientists further averred that artichoke slows down the activity of alpha-glucosidase, an enzyme that breaks down starch into glucose, potentially impacting blood sugar.
In conclusion, from this summary you can see why UGCare (which contains artichoke leaf) is effective, potent, outstanding and unique in all ramifications. Give it a try today and you’ll be glad you did!