I took time out to study a couple of research papers from Medical News Today which focused on the health benefits of pomegranate and I was blown away! Now I know why the founder of UGreat, Mr Samsuddin Taufik had to take his time and do his research before adding each of these natural elements to UGCare to make it a potent life saver.
1. Pomegranates have three times more antioxidants than red wine and green tea. These antioxidants remove free radicals, protect cells from damage and reduce inflammation.
2. Pomegranate juice contains more than 40 percent of the body’s requirement of vitamin C.
3. Preliminary results coming in from numerous researches have shown that pomegranate juice can stop the growth of prostate cancer cells.
4. More so, the high concentration of antioxidants in the juice are believed to stall the progress of Alzheimer disease and protect memory.
5. Pomegranate juice can reduce inflammation in the gut and greatly improve digestion. It is also good for people with Crohn disease, ulcerative colitis and inflammatory bowel disease.
6. The flavonols in pomegranate juice may help block the inflammation that contributes to osteoarthritis and cartilage damage. More studies are still ongoing in this regard.
7. Studies have shown that pomegranate protects the heart by improving blood flow and keeps the arteries from becoming stiff and thick. It may also slows the growth of plaque and buildup of cholesterol in the arteries.
8. Drinking pomegranate juice daily may help lower systolic blood pressure to the barest minimum.
9. In addition to vitamin C and vitamin E, pomegranate juice is a good source of folate, potassium and vitamin K. It is also anti-viral in nature because its high vitamin C and vitamin E content enables it to prevent illness and fight off infection.
10. Pomegranates was traditionally used as a remedy for diabetes in the Middle East and India for several centuries. It is known to decrease insulin resistance and lower blood sugar.
11. This is good news for sportsmen and women…Pomegranate is a sport performance enhancer because it helps to reduce soreness and improve strength recovery. It also decreases oxidative damage caused by exercise.
12. Research has shown that drinking 8 ounces of pomegranate juice daily may improve learning and memory.
13.Lastly, drinking pomegranate juice can also increase testosterone levels in men and women. For those who are unaware, testosterone is one of the main hormones behind sex drive in humans.